It looks like you're using an outdated web browser. For the best and most secure way to view the ABAC website, please upgrade to the latest version. Close

Commonly Requested Documents

The ABAC Office of Financial Aid may request documents from students to complete verification.  ABAC has partnered with the School Servicing Center to handle most standard verifications.  However, our office will still resolve V4 verifications (statement of identity), C flags on the ISIR, and special circumstances.  Below you will find a list of the documents that are most commonly requested by the Office of Financial Aid and instructions on what you need to provide.

CITIZ – Citizenship Proof – The following documents can be submitted to satisfy citizenship issues:

  • A copy of the student’s birth certificate showing that he or she was born in the United States.
  • A copy of Form FS-240 (“Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States”), the FS-545 (“Certificate of Birth-Foreign Service”), the DS-1350 (“Certificate of Birth”), or the INS Form G-639 (the Freedom of Information Act Form). The first three forms are generated by the State Department and include an embossed seal with the words “United States of America” and “State Department.”
  • A U.S. passport, which may be current or expired. (In the case of nationals who are not citizens, the passport will be stamped “Noncitizen National.”)
  • A Certificate of Citizenship from the INS. This certificate must include at least the following information:
    • the student’s name,
    • the certificate number (found in the upper right hand corner), and
    • the date the certificate was issued.
  • A Certificate of Naturalization from the INS. This certificate must contain at least:
    • the student’s name,
    • the certificate number (found in the upper right hand corner),
    • the INS A-Number,
    • the name of the court that granted the naturalization, and
    • the date of naturalization.

DRAFT – Draft Registration – Males between the ages of 18 and 25 are required to register with the selective service to be eligible for federal financial aid. The document can be found via  This page will allow you to check registration status, register now, or print proof of registration.

LNBKRP – Verification of Student Loan Bankruptcy Status – When federal loans have been included in a filed bankruptcy, the Department of Education requires proof that the loan was not defaulted before filing bankruptcy. This form is required along with supporting documents from the bankruptcy court listing creditors included in the bankruptcy.

NODFLT – Proof that Loan Default is cleared – When a federal loan has been placed in default status, documentation is required proving that default has been satisfied and loan placed in good standing. This document will need to be provided by The Default Resolution Group with the Department of Education.  For questions related to individual loan status and repayment of loans in default and owed to the Department of Education, please see contact info below:

Phone: 800-621-3115
TDD: 877-825-3323
Office hours: 8:00 am – 10:00 pm (ET) Monday through Friday and 8:00 am – 7:00 pm (ET) Saturday

U.S. Department of Education
Default Resolution Group
Greenville, TX 75403-5609

Borrower Payments:
National Payment Center
PO Box 105028
Atlanta, GA 30348-5028

UEH – Unusual Enrollment History Form – This form is required if the Department of Education questions your enrollment history within the last four academic years.

2017-2018 Unusual Enrollment History (UEH)

NONCIT – Noncitizen Documentation – The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) assigns to all legal immigrants an Alien registration number (ARN), which FSA uses to verify the immigration status of permanent residents and other eligible noncitizens. If the applicant indicates on the FAFSA, eligible noncitizen and provides an ARN, identifying information is sent to the DHS for primary (and, if necessary, automated secondary) confirmation.  Eligible noncitizen status is required to be eligible to receive federal assistance.

ORPHAN – Documentation of Orphan or Ward of Court Status – This is when a student cannot provide biological parent financial information on the FAFSA and answer yes to question of being an Orphan or Ward of Court.  A legal document must be submitted from the Court of the state in which this legal action was approved.

EMINOR – Documentation of Emancipated Minor Status – This is when a student cannot provide biological financial information on the FAFSA and yes is answered to the question of being an Emancipated Minor. A legal document must be submitted from the Court of the state in which this legal action was approved.

LGUARD – Documentation of Legal Guardianship Status – This is when a student has been appointed legal guardianship to someone other than their biological parents and answered yes to the legal guardianship question on the FAFSA. A legal document must be submitted from the Court of the state in which this legal action was approved.

UNACCS – Unaccompanied Youth by School Documentation – This is when a student cannot provide biological parents financial information on the FAFSA but has not been granted legal guardianship and has been residing with family members and/or friends, then answered yes to Unaccompanied Youth by School on the FAFSA.  This requires a document from the attending high school signed by an official stating the known guardianship situation of the student during the attending high school tenure.

UNACCH Unaccompanied Youth by HUD Documentation – This is when a student has been living in a shelter or transitional living arrangements that can be verified by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and/or The Runaway and Homeless Youth Act (RHYA).  A notarized document from the participating facility documenting the known situation to include explanation of situation, date of occurrence, and signature by an official is required to be submitted.

HOMELS – Documentation of Unaccompanied Youth or Homeless Status – An unaccompanied homeless youth is a youth who meets the McKinney-Vento education definition of homeless (lacking fixed, regular and adequate housing) and is not living in the physical custody of a parent or guardian. The legal definition of homeless includes youth who:

(A) Lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence; and
(B) Includes—
(i)children and youths who

  • are sharing the housing of other persons due to loss of housing, economic hardship, or a similar reason;
  • are living in motels, hotels, trailer parks, or camping grounds due to the lack of alternative adequate accommodations;
  • are living in emergency or transitional shelters;

(ii) children and youths who have a primary nighttime residence that is a public or private place not designed for or ordinarily used as a regular sleeping accommodation for human beings;
(iii) children and youths who are living in cars, parks, public spaces, abandoned buildings, substandard housing, bus or train stations, or similar settings

Students who would be homeless but for living in a dormitory are to be considered homeless, as are students fleeing an abusive parent and living in a homeless situation, even if their parents would provide a place to live.  A youth is 21 years old or younger or still enrolled in high school.